ALEF has been operating on the market since 1994 as a reliable partner of major suppliers in the IT Infrastructure domain, providing modern and highly optimized solutions and reaching into new territories (e.g., DevOps) with its major vendor portfolio including such suppliers as Cisco, NetApp, F5, Microsoft, AWS, etc.
ALEF Group has 9 subsidiaries in Eastern and Southeast Europe, with the extended reach to 15 countries (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Adriatics, and Balkans, Greece, Cyprus, and Malta). Offices are in Prague, Bratislava, Warsaw, Budapest, Bucharest, Ljubljana, Belgrade, Zagreb, Athens.
Deep technological knowledge of individual solutions allows us to expand not only the share of the services themselves, but also the portfolio of solutions and brands offered, such as Splunk, AWS, Palo Alto, and others. The main thing that distinguishes ALEF from others is the unique approach and employees who have many years of top knowledge.
Location: Office location depends on country of your residence (CZ, SK, HU, RO)
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for an experienced SW DevOps specialist who would like to become an expert and the pre-sale representative of F5’s new technologies (NGINX, Shape Security, Volterra, Threat Stack) in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania regions to assist Alef's partners and their end customers in building smart, safe and always available applications while supporting sales efforts.
Our aim is to find DevOps enthusiast, who is open to become pre-sales specialist, or consultant, who will build the bridge between our customers and the F5 technologies. You will be responsible for enlightenment of the F5 DevOps solutions (F5 Cloud Services, NGINX, Volterra, Shape Security) within the CZ, HU, SK, and RO area. Important part of your role will be communication with internal and external partners in the DevOps world, to understand their needs and educating them on how the F5 solutions might help them.
You will become true F5 evangelist, who will be presenting on events, holding trainings, and managing pre-sales and post sales activities supporting DevOps oriented opportunities. You will cooperate closely with our ALEF Group F5 team (Engineers, Business Development Managers, and other specialists, about 15 people).
How do we imagine you?
- Experience from DevOps and micro-services environment
- Hands-on experience in SW development area
- Experience with CI/CD & DevOps tools and any orchestration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, Salt, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management and deployment automation tools
- Experience with infrastructure & application monitoring tools
- Understanding the application development lifecycle from idea through final product to maintenance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Sales oriented thinking
- Fluent English (both written and spoken) is a must (on the CEFR scale min B2 but no Certification is required)
- Willingness to travel (up to 40 % of work time) the job requires personal presence and building connections in all countries in coverage
The more DevOps experience you have and the more tools you know, the better, but you do not need to know everything.
You will fit well into the team, if:
- You are keen to learn something new
- You like to travel
- You have sense of humor and teamwork
You can look forward to:
- Permanent contract with trial period of 3 months
- Informal and open company culture and a team of professionals who are leaders in their field
- Stability of the ALEF Group, which has been on the market for more than 25 years
- Flexible working hours
- Two-component salary fix + bonus component paid quarterly (ratio of fix and bonus approx. 80:20)
- Home-office usually by agreement with the team leader (we work in hybrid mode)
- Career development and technical training, certification (individual support), the possibility of participating in conferences
- Paid leave according to the rules of your country of residence
- Sick days
- Sports / cultural and team activities contribution, meal allowance, and more
How the interview process looks like:
- In the first round, you will have an online meeting with Hiring manager from Hungary an HR Specialist. You will talk about your experience, and you can expect technical questions about your practice.
- In the second round, you will get a small task to prepare, and then a personal meeting with the hiring manager. You will receive the assignment in advance and the deadline for completion is usually 1 week.
- o During the second meeting, you will be presenting the task solution to the hiring manager and to the other colleagues. Both the quality of the processed task and the presentation and communication skills are evaluated.