Strategy & PoC
The ICT and Cloud Strategy is a methodology built on ALEF's unique know-how that takes customers through the IT/Infrastructure transformation process and defines the scope of cloud adoption. One of its outputs can be e.g. implementing the AWS public cloud. Through the cloud strategy (assessment, roadmap, transformation, management and optimization), we approach each customer individually, choosing the most advantageous model suitable for his needs and the existing infrastructure.
As part of the presales phase we provide the customer with a complete overview of the TCO solution offered.
Proof of Concept
We can prepare so called PoC, which simulates the cloud environment behavior in AWS to the smallest possible cost (cost-effective) for testing the final solution in the production environment.
Design, Architecture and Implementation
Several variants are always considered in the technical design solution. Due to the vast range of AWS services, the solution architecture can be designed in different variants under different conditions and prices. Everything follows the customer's needs in relation to SLA, added value etc. Subsequent implementation of the solution is done by an experienced team of certified AWS Solution Architects.
Local Language Support
The significant added value of ALEF as the AWS Consulting Partner and the mediator between AWS and the customer is communication and support in the local language. Communication in English is a matter of course.
Cloud Interface Optimization
Customers who have been already running the public cloud platform can take advantage of our knowledge of cost optimization, utilization of used services or search for added value in the AWS public cloud.
Seminars & Webinars
Every year, ALEF prepares a large number of seminars and webinars on topics related to cross-cloud security, cloud adoption through ICT strategy, multicouble management, AWS etc.
ALEF AWS Trainings
As part of the Amazon Web Services portfolio, we became the official training partner for AWS in 2018. Our added value is in particular the quality of the AWS trainings, that combine theoretical knowledge with the practical experience of our instructors and lecturers.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of compute power, database storage, applications, and other IT resources through a cloud services platform via the internet with pay-as-you-go pricing.
Whether you are running applications that share photos to millions of mobile users or you’re supporting the critical operations of your business, a cloud services platform provides rapid access to flexible and low cost IT resources. With cloud computing, you don’t need to make large upfront investments in hardware and spend a lot of time on the heavy lifting of managing that hardware. Instead, you can provision exactly the right type and size of computing resources you need to power your newest bright idea or operate your IT department. You can access as many resources as you need, almost instantly, and only pay for what you use. Simply and online.
How Does Cloud Computing Work?
Cloud computing provides a simple way to access servers, storage, databases and a broad set of application services over the Internet. A Cloud services platform such as Amazon Web Services owns and maintains the network-connected hardware required for these application services, while you provision and use what you need via a web application.
6 Benefits of Cloud Computing
Trade capital expense for variable expense
- Instead of having to invest heavily in data centers and servers before you know how you’re going to use them, you can only pay when you consume computing resources, and only pay for how much you consume.
Go global in minutes
- Easily deploy your application in multiple regions around the world with just a few clicks. This means you can provide a lower latency and better experience for your customers simply and at minimal cost.
Stop guessing capacity
- Eliminate guessing on your infrastructure capacity needs. When you make a capacity decision prior to deploying an application, you often either end up sitting on expensive idle resources or dealing with limited capacity. With cloud computing, these problems go away. You can access as much or as little as you need, and scale up and down as required with only a few minutes notice.
Increase speed and agility
- In a cloud computing environment, new IT resources are only ever a click away, which means you reduce the time it takes to make those resources available to your developers from weeks to just minutes. This results in a dramatic increase in agility for the organization, since the cost and time it takes to experiment and develop is significantly lower.
Stop spending money on running and maintaining data centers
- Focus on projects that differentiate your business, not the infrastructure. Cloud computing lets you focus on your own customers, rather than on the heavy lifting of racking, stacking and powering servers.
Benefit from massive economies of scale
- By using cloud computing, you can achieve a lower variable cost than you can get on your own. Because usage from hundreds of thousands of customers are aggregated in the cloud, providers such as Amazon Web Services can achieve higher economies of scale which translates into lower pay as you go prices.
Types of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing has three main types that are commonly referred to as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Selecting the right type of cloud computing for your needs can help you strike the right balance of control and the avoidance of undifferentiated heavy lifting. Learn more about the different types of cloud computing.
Hundreds of thousands of customers have joined the Amazon Web Services (AWS) community and use AWS solutions to build their businesses. The AWS cloud computing platform provides the flexibility to build your application, your way, regardless of your use case or industry. You can save time, money, and let AWS manage your infrastructure, without compromising scalability, security, or dependability. Learn more about AWS Cloud Solutions.
AWS Benefits at a Glance
AWS utilizes an end-to-end approach to secure and harden our infrastructure, including physical, operational, and software measures. For more information, see the AWS Security Center.
You pay only for the compute power, storage, and other resources you use, with no long-term contracts or up-front commitments. For more information on comparing the costs of other hosting alternatives with AWS, see the AWS Economics Center.
AWS enables you to select the operating system, programming language, web application platform, database, and other services you need. With AWS, you receive a virtual environment that lets you load the software and services your application requires. This eases the migration process for existing applications while preserving options for building new solutions.
With AWS, you take advantage of a scalable, reliable, and secure global computing infrastructure, the virtual backbone of Amazon.com’s multi-billion dollar online business that has been honed for over a decade.
- Scalable and high-performance
Using AWS tools, Auto Scaling, and Elastic Load Balancing, your application can scale up or down based on demand. Backed by Amazon’s massive infrastructure, you have access to compute and storage resources when you need them.
- Easy to use
AWS is designed to allow application providers, ISVs, and vendors to quickly and securely host your applications – whether an existing application or a new SaaS-based application. You can use the AWS Management Console or well-documented web services APIs to access AWS’s application hosting platform.
Did you know...?
- AWS as an IT cloud platform is being trusted by more than 1 million companies.
- AWS platform has been officially launched in 2006 and is now available in more than 190 countries around the world.
- AWS data centres can be found in the USA, Europe, Brazil, Singapur, Japan and Australia.
- AWS globally runs in 44 Availability Zones in total of 16 regions, another 14 zones are about to be created.
- According to Gartner company, in 2022 the no-cloud policy will be as rare as a no-internet society is today. Hybrid IT (on-premise solution and public cloud combination) will be the most preferred way of using cloud solutions.
- Every third person searching an URL address on the Internet practically uses AWS.
- There are more than 3700 AWS services available (09/2017).