ALEF has been operating on the market since 1994 as a reliable partner of major suppliers in the IT Infrastructure domain, providing modern and highly optimized solutions and reaching into new territories (e.g., DevOps) with its major vendor portfolio including such suppliers as Cisco, NetApp, F5, Microsoft, AWS, etc.
ALEF Group has 9 subsidiaries in Eastern and Southeast Europe, with the extended reach to 15 countries (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Adriatics, and Balkans, Greece, Cyprus, and Malta). Offices are in Prague, Bratislava, Warsaw, Budapest, Bucharest, Ljubljana, Belgrade, Zagreb, Athens.
Deep technological knowledge of individual solutions allows us to expand not only the share of the services themselves, but also the portfolio of solutions and brands offered, such as Splunk, AWS, Palo Alto, and others. The main thing that distinguishes ALEF from others is the unique approach and employees who have many years of top knowledge.
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer, responsible for NetApp storage technologies. You should understand the business requirement of customers and ensure technical cooperation with the sales department.
- Professional support at all stages of the technical case or services of the Expert Center (EC) - support of the current contracts, analysis and definition of demand and cooperation with the business team to solve it, identification of other business opportunities.
- Preparation of price quotations (consulting and project scaling)
- Provide technical overview to partners via presentations
- High degree of personal courage and motivation to succeed.
- Loyalty to the business.
How do we imagine you?
- Technical qualification/experience in IT infrastructure and storage is a strong plus
- Required IT competencies: basic knowledge of servers, data storages, SAN and Ethernet networks
- NetApp devices’ expertise is not a pre-condition but the knowledge of products of major storage vendors like „NetApp” „EMC”, „IBM storage”, „HP Storage”, Dell Storage might be an advantage
- Cloud solutions expertise like Azure, AWS
- Experience with training, work on projects, consultations, service activities, etc.
- Ability to work independently and teamwork
- Ability to work with high engagement and bring projects to the final state
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must also be fluent in local language as this role supports local channel partners
The more experience you have, the better, but you do not need to know everything.
You will fit well into the team, if:
- You are keen to learn something new
- You have sense of humor and teamwork
You can look forward to:
- Permanent contract with trial period of 3 months
- Informal and open company culture and a team of professionals who are leaders in their field
- Stability of the ALEF Group, which has been on the market for more than 25 years
- Flexible working hours
- Two-component salary fix + bonus component paid quarterly
- Home-office usually by agreement with the team leader (we work in hybrid mode)
- Career development and technical training, certification (individual support), the possibility of participating in conferences
- Paid leave according to the rules of your country of residence
- Sick days
- Sports / cultural and team activities contribution, meal allowance, and more
How the interview process looks like:
- In the first round, you will have an online meeting with Hiring manager from Hungary. You will talk about your experience, and you can expect technical questions about your practice.
- In the second round, you will get a small task to prepare, and then a personal meeting with the hiring manager. You will receive the assignment in advance and the deadline for completion is usually 1 week.
- o During the second meeting, you will be presenting the task solution to the hiring manager and to the other colleagues. Both the quality of the processed task and the presentation and communication skills are evaluated.